How to grill scrumptious and savory salmon steaks the super easy way!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
My family and I love to get outside and spend as much time as we can out in the sun and fresh air, enjoying the longer and warmer days of the summertime. To keep the fun going I also like to take my cooking outdoors and take full advantage of my amazing grill. I really enjoy getting to cook on my grill because I can make simple, low-hassle meals that still turn out totally packed with flavor and absolutely delicious to the very last bite. One thing about spending a lot of time out in the heat, though, is that when it does come time to eat, I want to serve my family something light on their stomachs. Which leads me to one of our summer family favorites: grilled salmon steaks.
Grilled salmon steaks are great for so many reasons! Salmon is one of the lightest summertime meals, it is packed full of fresh flavor, and it is delightfully healthy. Plus salmon steaks take minimal prep and cook work so you have more free time to spend hanging out with your family. Just throw some seasoned vegetables on the grill with the salmon and you are good to go! An easy and delicious summertime meal is just a few steps away.
To easily grill savory salmon steaks all you need is a grill, baking dish, salmon steaks, olive oil, honey, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Just mix up the marinade, let the salmon marinate, then grill on medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Equipment and Ingredients for Flavorful Grilled Salmon
One of the best things about easy-to-make meals is that usually there are only a few tools and ingredients required for the whole process. That applies to this smooth-sailing salmon recipe. You only need to gather a few items to prepare and make this light and delicious meal before heading outside into the fresh air.
Salmon and Homemade Marinade Ingredients:
- 3 salmon steaks (with skin)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 juiced lemon
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- Green onions
- Sliced lemon wedges
Easy Salmon-Grilling Process
After you have collected all the necessary tools and your ingredients are measured out and prepared, it is time to get things going. Basically, you just mix, marinate, and grill! Easy-peasy, right? I am just going to break it down for you step-by-step and go over the whole process so that it goes as smooth for you as a summer breeze.
- Start by making the savory salmon marinade. Mix together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-size mixing bowl, then set aside.
- Next, prepare the salmon steaks by rinsing them with cold water and then pat them dry with paper towels.
- Then transfer the salmon to the glass baking dish and pour the homemade marinade over them. Set the marinating salmon steaks into the fridge and let marinate for a full hour.
- After the salmon has marinated long enough, it is time to preheat the grill.
- Once preheated, place the salmon steaks on the bottom grill and cook each side on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until the outsides are browned to your liking.
- Be sure to baste the salmon with the homemade marinade throughout the grilling process to ensure maximum delicious flavor.
Finally, once the salmon steaks are cooked just how you like, remove them from the grill and garnish with the green onions and sliced lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Salmon steaks can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge overnight but they do not keep well for much longer so try to only cook how many are needed and eat them up.
Serving Up Savory Salmon
Salmon is already delicious and packed to the brim with flavor all on its own. But it can also be served up in all kinds of delectable ways and with all kinds of yummy sides! Maybe you and your family have a few favorite recipes in mind already, but here are a few more salmon serving ideas to consider:
- Serve alongside seasoned grilled veggies like zucchini, grill-roasted potatoes, or green beans.
- On top of leafy green salads or rice pilaf.
- With a cool pasta salad or a warm, lemon-based pasta dish.
- Top with spinach dip to make an easy and delectable Salmon Florentine.
- Or serve with a bowl of your favorite rice.
Grilled salmon steak, for obvious reasons, is one of the first recipes I think of when it starts getting warm outside. I know it will soon be time to start cooking outdoors and I want to prepare a meal as fresh as the summer air but with the ease of a summertime breeze. These salmon steaks are fresh, flavorful, and light- making them one of the perfect meals for celebrating the easy-going summertime.
Grilled salmon steak
- 3 Salmon steaks with skin
- Rinse salmon steaks with cold water and patted dry with paper towels. Place salmon in the glass baking dish.
- Pour homemade marinade over the salmon steaks—cover and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat grill. Place salmon steaks on the bottom grill and cook on each side for 5-6 minutes until lightly brown on medium heat. Baste salmon with marinade during the grilling.
- Remove from the grill, garnish with green onions and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply