This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Chocolate Mermaid Tail
Chocolate Mermaid Tail Decorations for Cupcakes and Cakes
- Put the candy melts into a medium squeeze bottle, and put on the cap.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to high heat, but not boiling, and place the squeeze bottle into the water.
- Let the bottle simmer on medium low heat, and cover with a lid.
- After the candy melts have melted, let cool until cool to the touch.
- Fill in the plastic molds of the mermaid tails with the candy melt, and put in fridge for 10 minutes on a cookie tray.
- When set, peel off the mold from the candy.
- Place the tails on a cookie sheet, and apply the glitter dust with a brush.
- When done with the candy melt, place the bottle on its side in the freezer for 5 minutes. When solid, just squeeze to bottle to break up all of the solidified candy, and empty all of the candy into a plastic bag.
- You can make the chocolate tails ahead of the cupcakes, and store them in a plastic bag in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!